- 1 What is the best cartridge for hunting whitetail deer?
- 2 Is a 308 overkill a deer?
- 3 What is the best caliber rifle to use for deer hunting?
- 4 What caliber do you use for deer hunting?
- 5 What cartridge has killed the most deer?
- 6 What is the most popular deer cartridge?
- 7 Is.308 too big for deer?
- 8 Why is the 308 so popular?
- 9 Which is better for deer hunting 308 or 30 06?
- 10 What is the most popular caliber hunting rifle?
- 11 What’s the best all around rifle caliber?
- 12 What is the minimum caliber for deer?
- 13 Is a 280 a good deer rifle?
- 14 Is 223 or 243 better?
What is the best cartridge for hunting whitetail deer?
What is the best caliber for deer hunting?
- 6.5 Creedmoor.
- 260 Remington.
- 264 Winchester Magnum.
- 270 Winchester.
- 280 Remington.
- 308 Winchester.
- 300 Winchester Magnum. You might be surprised by the number of hunters that use the 300 as their primary deer rifle.
- 300 Remington Ultra Magnum. Only one of my friends uses this caliber.
Is a 308 overkill a deer?
These calibers aren’t “overkill” as long as you can put shots on target. But an afternoon of practice at the range with a. 308 Win. will always be less comfortable than with a 6.5 Creedmoor. These medium-sized calibers are more than capable of taking down deer.
What is the best caliber rifle to use for deer hunting?
In our opinion, the best rifle calibers for deer hunting are the. 270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum,. 30-06 Springfield,. 308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, and.
What caliber do you use for deer hunting?
There are several pump-action rifles available, but by far the favourite among Aussie deer hunters, is the Remington 7600, which can be had in a calibre to suit any of our deer species, from. 243,. 308,. 270, 30-06 and the hard-hitting.
What cartridge has killed the most deer?
It is widely believed that the. 30-06 is America’s—and the world’s—most popular hunting caliber. In my estimation it would not take many 1-million deer years to top any numbers the 30-30 put up during much leaner times.
What is the most popular deer cartridge?
Top 10 Cartridges for Hunting Whitetail Deer
- 1). 30-30 Winchester..30-30 Winchester | $15.29 Bryce M.
- 2). 30-06..30-06 | $19.54 Bryce M.
- 3). 280 Remington..280 Remington | $29.32 Bryce M.
- 4). 270 Winchester..270 Winchester | $19.54 Bryce M.
- 5). 243 Winchester.
- 6). 300 Winchester.
- 7). 35 Whelen.
- 8). 308 Winchester.
Is.308 too big for deer?
308 Winchester certainly has enough energy to kill deer, pronghorn, elk, moose and bear out to 300 yards, but the bullet drops fast and it’s trajectory looks like a bell shaped curve by 500 yards. That would be a pretty doable shot out to 300 yards for the. 308 Winchester.
Why is the 308 so popular?
308 is a great target shooting cartridge because for a few reasons: – It’s already designed for targeting. – It’s very forgiving of damage and temperature extremes. – It can accurately hit targets up to 1000 yards away (depending on bullet weight).
Which is better for deer hunting 308 or 30 06?
308 Win is that it has less recoil than the. 30-06, which translates into slightly better accuracy. So, when it comes to whitetail hunting both soft-tip hunting rounds are great although the. 30-60 might be too much within 100-150 yards.
What is the most popular caliber hunting rifle?
Here are a few of the most popular.
- . 30-30 Winchester. The.
- . 30-06 Springfield (308)
- . 270 Winchester.
- . 243 Winchester.
- . 223 Remington.
- . 300 Winchester Magnum.
- 6.5 Creedmoor. Originally developed for competition shooters, the 6.5 Creedmoor is a relative newcomer to the hunting community.
- . 350 Legend.
What’s the best all around rifle caliber?
30-06 Springfield has got to be one of the best contenders for the all-around cartridge for the average North American hunter, and with good reason. It has maintained its popularity long after it was relieved of military duty, simply because it is so useful as a hunting rifle cartridge.
What is the minimum caliber for deer?
NSW Department of Primary Industries recommend a minimum calibre of. 243 for small deer(hog and fallow) and. 270 for large deer (sambar, chital, red and rusa).
Is a 280 a good deer rifle?
280 Remington, it’s incredibly fast and flat shooting. DEER: Nosler’s140-grain Partition bullet in the. 280 is a classic for deer- size game. Inmaximum loads it can be driven at over 3,000 fps.
Is 223 or 243 better?
223 Remington rounds – on average – achieve a velocity of about 3150 feet per second (fps) while. 243 Winchester rounds travel at a velocity of 3180 fps. 223 Remington bullets travel 3.6 times the speed of a 737 airplane at cruising speed, while. 243 Winchester bullets travel 3.6 times that same speed.