- 1 What state has the best whitetail deer hunting?
- 2 Where is the best place to deer hunt?
- 3 What attracts whitetail deer the best?
- 4 What is the best day to hunt whitetail deer?
- 5 Which state kills the most deer?
- 6 What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 7 How long before sunrise should you be in your deer stand?
- 8 What state has the biggest whitetail bucks?
- 9 How smart are Whitetails?
- 10 What scent attracts deer the most?
- 11 How far can a deer smell you?
- 12 Does Lucky Buck really work?
- 13 Do deer travel the same path every day?
- 14 What time of day are most big bucks killed?
- 15 Will cigarettes spook deer?
What state has the best whitetail deer hunting?
The Overall Top 10 States for Deer Hunters
- Wisconsin. Far and away, Wisconsin is the highest producer of B&C-ranked whitetails.
- Kentucky. Despite the fact that Kentucky is a one-buck-per-year state, that hasn’t stopped hunters there from having success.
Where is the best place to deer hunt?
Deer Hunting Season: Ranking Top Spots in the U.S. for Big Bucks
- Iowa. While the number of deer in Iowa isn’t nearly as abundant as the other states on this list, Iowa will produce deer far bigger than anything you will find anywhere else in the USA.
What attracts whitetail deer the best?
Food Plots From larger plots of forage soybeans covering 10 or more acres, to small parcels of broken tree canopy planted to brassica; various crops including corn, milo, turnips, peas, clover, and alfalfa will attract and keep deer. One of the surest ways to attract deer is through their stomach.
What is the best day to hunt whitetail deer?
Alsheimer’s research shows morning hunts are the best time to be in the woods during this time. “Our trail-camera data shows us that 45 minutes after daylight is the prime time to hunt, from about Halloween until the 10th of November,” he said.
Which state kills the most deer?
The states with the most antlered deer killed per square mile were Michigan, 3.7 per square mile; Pennsylvania, 3.6; South Carolina, 3.2; Maryland, 3.0; New Jersey, 2.6; New York, 2.6; and Wisconsin, 2.6.
What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
How long before sunrise should you be in your deer stand?
I always settle in about 30 to 45 min before sunrise, but you can never be in the stand to ealry. It just allows everything to settle down.
What state has the biggest whitetail bucks?
Boone and Crockett’s Top Whitetail States
- #1 – Wisconsin. Wisconsin is the #1 ranked state with 1,822 total entries and six counties in the top 20 U.S. counties with the most records produced.
- #2 – Illinois.
- #3 – Iowa.
- #4 – Minnesota.
- #5 – Ohio.
- #6 – Kentucky.
- #7 – Missouri.
- #8 – Kansas.
How smart are Whitetails?
Are deer really that smart? Keen senses of smell, vision, and hearing have a lot to do with deer “intelligence.” Deer often sense the presence of hunters long before hunters sense them. Those individuals, males and females, that are most wary and hyper-vigilant, tend to survive hunting seasons.
What scent attracts deer the most?
Doe urine in the liquid form is probably the most common attractant scent used by deer hunters. It is good for calming deer’s nerves and piquing their curiosity, since it simulates a new deer in the area. Since it is a common smell in the woods, it very seldom scares deer—bucks or does.
How far can a deer smell you?
ANSWER: Under normal conditions, a deer can smell a human that is not making any attempt to hide its odor at least 1/4 mile away. If the scenting conditions are perfect (humid with a light breeze), it can even be farther. So they are pretty impressive.
Does Lucky Buck really work?
Because it works–guaranteed! Lucky Buck Mineral is formulated for WILD WHITETAIL and contains none of the very bitter tasting minerals normally put into confined livestock feeds. If the deer don’t eat it, I know for sure it will not do them any good.
Do deer travel the same path every day?
They leave their home going to a place they know they can feed and then walk back home. As long as this continues to be a safe place for them, they will continue to walk along this same path every single day. Of course throughout the year, depending on what the deer are doing it may be more or less frequent.
What time of day are most big bucks killed?
Most of them are specifically between 9:00 and 10:00 in the morning to be exact. It’s a proven time, and it could have a lot to do with the common perception among deer hunters that things slow down once early morning is through.
Will cigarettes spook deer?
Research has shown that a deer’s sense of smell is anywhere from 500 to 1,000 times better than a human’s. Yes, a deer can smell cigarette smoke. There is no doubt that a deer can and will smell cigarette smoke.