- 1 Which states have the highest population of deer?
- 2 What state has the highest density of deer?
- 3 What state is best for whitetail hunting?
- 4 What state has the least deer?
- 5 What is the best state to hunt in?
- 6 Which state sells the most hunting licenses?
- 7 What state has the most deer car accidents?
- 8 What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 9 How smart are Whitetails?
- 10 What states have no whitetail deer?
Which states have the highest population of deer?
Texas ranked first, with hunters taking 722,044 deer, compared to 341,288 deer in Michigan, Outdoor Life said. Also in the top five: Pennsylvania (333,254), Wisconsin (316,774) and Georgia (316,463). Texas has an estimated 4.3 million deer, while Michigan has about 1.75 million.
What state has the highest density of deer?
Mississippi tops the list at almost 40 deer per square mile, but Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan all show an average of more than 30 deer per square mile. Indiana, Alabama, South Carolina and Kentucky all have 23 or more deer per square mile.
What state is best for whitetail hunting?
The 10 Best States to Hunt Whitetail Deer in the U.S.
- South Carolina.
- Georgia. While its placement on this list may come as a surprise to many, the quality of whitetail hunting in Georgia has increased greatly over the years.
What state has the least deer?
10 States with the Worst Deer Populations
- North Dakota.
- Arizona. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 0.7.
- Montana. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.4.
- Washington. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.7.
- Idaho. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 2.4.
- South Dakota. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 3.3.
What is the best state to hunt in?
Sometimes only residents of the state are permitted to apply for the draws.
- Alaska. Alaska is one of the best states for both fishing and hunting.
- Montana. Another beautiful state and popular for hunting is Montana.
- South Dakota.
- North Dakota.
Which state sells the most hunting licenses?
The F&WS collects this information annually from every state and U.S. territory. Texas sold the most licenses, over 1 million; and Rhode Island sold the fewest, around 8,000. Those numbers represent individual hunters in each state, but many hunters buy licenses in several states.
What state has the most deer car accidents?
The top 10 states for deer collisions are:
- Pennsylvania (1 in 52)
- South Dakota (1 in 54)
- Iowa (1 in 55)
- Wyoming (1 in 56)
- Wisconsin (1 in 57)
- Michigan (1 in 60)
- Mississippi (1 in 61)
- Minnesota (1 in 64)
What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
How smart are Whitetails?
Are deer really that smart? Keen senses of smell, vision, and hearing have a lot to do with deer “intelligence.” Deer often sense the presence of hunters long before hunters sense them. Those individuals, males and females, that are most wary and hyper-vigilant, tend to survive hunting seasons.
What states have no whitetail deer?
White-tailed deer are found in every state in the U. S. except Alaska and in only small parts of Utah, Nevada and California. The mule deer range is primarily in western states. There are several subspecies of both deer.