- 1 What is the heaviest whitetail deer ever killed?
- 2 What is the largest whitetail deer ever recorded?
- 3 What is the most points ever found on a buck?
- 4 Who killed the biggest buck in the world?
- 5 What state has the biggest whitetail bucks?
- 6 What state kills the most deer?
- 7 Does human pee scare deer away?
- 8 What’s considered a trophy buck?
- 9 What is the highest scoring 8 point whitetail?
- 10 What is the biggest 8 point buck ever killed?
- 11 How old is a spike buck?
- 12 How many deer can live on 100 acres?
- 13 What is the best state to hunt whitetail deer?
What is the heaviest whitetail deer ever killed?
From what we can gather, the heaviest whitetail ever shot was killed by a bow-hunter, John Annett of Ontario, in 1977. The deer field dressed 431 pounds on government-certified scales. That would have given it an estimated live weight of more than 540 pounds.
What is the largest whitetail deer ever recorded?
This buck is known as the Missouri Monarch. A mature Missouri buck that showcased some serious head gear that totaled up to a staggering 333 7/8 inches, making it the largest scored whitetail ever. The B&C world record was found by a hunter in St. Louis County, Missouri, back in 1981.
What is the most points ever found on a buck?
At the 22nd Big Game Awards Program in Dallas, Texas, the Boone and Crockett Club Judges’ Panel declared Hanson’s buck the new world’s record typical whitetail with a final score of 213-5/8 points.
Who killed the biggest buck in the world?
The story of the top whitetail ever shot is as great as the deer. When 15-year-old Tony Lovstuen pulled the trigger of his muzzleloader on the afternoon of Sept. 29, 2003, he ended the reign of a buck that already was world famous.
What state has the biggest whitetail bucks?
Boone and Crockett’s Top Whitetail States
- #1 – Wisconsin. Wisconsin is the #1 ranked state with 1,822 total entries and six counties in the top 20 U.S. counties with the most records produced.
- #2 – Illinois.
- #3 – Iowa.
- #4 – Minnesota.
- #5 – Ohio.
- #6 – Kentucky.
- #7 – Missouri.
- #8 – Kansas.
What state kills the most deer?
The states with the most antlered deer killed per square mile were Michigan, 3.7 per square mile; Pennsylvania, 3.6; South Carolina, 3.2; Maryland, 3.0; New Jersey, 2.6; New York, 2.6; and Wisconsin, 2.6.
Does human pee scare deer away?
Conclusion. So in the end, human urine probably won’t run most deer off, and it may even pique the curiosity of some of them. If you’re going to drop your britches and answer the call of Mother Nature in a scrape or underneath your stand, just make sure that’s all you’re leaving.
What’s considered a trophy buck?
To most, it is probably a deer with antlers that score over a certain minimum. For others, a trophy is in the age of the animal, not the antlers. If you subscribe to the thinking that the older a buck gets, the more difficult it is to kill, then yes, age is the measure of a trophy.
What is the highest scoring 8 point whitetail?
According to the Boone and Crockett Club, the buck’s net score of 183-1/8 would rank as the largest ever submitted to the organization. So far, the story is that Illinois hunter Jason Sanders shot what appears to be the largest main-frame, typical 8-pointer ever killed by a hunter under fair chase conditions.
What is the biggest 8 point buck ever killed?
Congratulations to Jeff Majors on shooting the newest placeholder in The Buckmaster’s Whitetail Trophy Records World Record Velvet Typical out of Hopkins County, Kentucky. Dale Weddle, an official scorer, measured the buck for a green gross score of 183 ½” for Pope & Young.
How old is a spike buck?
The vast majority (usually greater than 95 percent) of spike bucks are yearlings ( 1-year-old deer ) and nearly all yearling spikes grow substantially larger antlers later in life.
How many deer can live on 100 acres?
When I begin a management program on a new property, my first direction is just harvest “some” does. A general rule-of-thumb is to harvest one doe per 100 acres minimum.
What is the best state to hunt whitetail deer?
The 10 Best States to Hunt Whitetail Deer in the U.S.
- South Carolina.
- Georgia. While its placement on this list may come as a surprise to many, the quality of whitetail hunting in Georgia has increased greatly over the years.