- 1 What state harvests the most whitetail deer?
- 2 What is the biggest deer killed in Indiana?
- 3 Where is the best deer hunting in Indiana?
- 4 What state has the least deer?
- 5 What state has largest deer population?
- 6 Where are the biggest bucks in Indiana?
- 7 Does Indiana have big deer?
- 8 Does Indiana have big bucks?
- 9 Can you hunt deer with an AR 15 in Indiana?
- 10 What is the best rifle for deer hunting in Indiana?
- 11 Is Indiana a good state for deer hunting?
- 12 What state has the most deer car accidents?
- 13 Which state hunts the most?
What state harvests the most whitetail deer?
The top states with the most antlered deer harvest per 100 hunters were Mississippi, 70 bucks per 100 hunters; South Carolina, 69; Texas, 62; Maryland, 50; and Virginia, 50. Pennsylvania was considerably farther down in this ranking, with 23 bucks per 100 hunters.
What is the biggest deer killed in Indiana?
Tim Beck Buck: 305-Inch Indiana Record – North American Whitetail.
Where is the best deer hunting in Indiana?
FOREST LANDS Indiana has thousands of acres of national and state forests that offer almost unlimited deer hunting opportunities. Even better, much of this forest land is in some of our top counties for deer harvest. One place in particular fitting this description is the Harrison-Crawford State Forest.
What state has the least deer?
10 States with the Worst Deer Populations
- North Dakota.
- Arizona. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 0.7.
- Montana. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.4.
- Washington. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.7.
- Idaho. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 2.4.
- South Dakota. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 3.3.
What state has largest deer population?
According to a 2015 deer population estimate by North American Whitetail magazine, here are the states with the largest deer populations:
- Texas: Estimated population of 4 million.
- Alabama: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Mississippi: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Missouri: Estimated population of 1.3 million.
Where are the biggest bucks in Indiana?
Southeastern Indiana is home to giant whitetails. It’s proved by the the river counties that border the Ohio river and other nearby counties.
Does Indiana have big deer?
However, Indiana is known to grow huge deer. With the abundance of crops and woods, deer can grow, hide, and eat as much as much as they want.
Does Indiana have big bucks?
In fact, lots of 3-year-old deer in Indiana will grow at least 130-inches of antler. That is a long way from Boone and Crockett dimensions, but qualifies for most hunters as a trophy. Some older, even bigger Indiana bucks are likely killed every year simply because they were forced to move by hunter activity.
Can you hunt deer with an AR 15 in Indiana?
Hash said the Indiana General Assembly passed an amendment to the rifle statute this year. So hunters can no longer use rifles when hunting deer on public land, which includes both state and federal property. The amendment only affects rifles on public property.
What is the best rifle for deer hunting in Indiana?
Best Caliber for Deer Hunting
- 6.5 Creedmoor.
- 260 Remington.
- 264 Winchester Magnum.
- 270 Winchester.
- 280 Remington.
- 308 Winchester.
- 300 Winchester Magnum. You might be surprised by the number of hunters that use the 300 as their primary deer rifle.
- 300 Remington Ultra Magnum. Only one of my friends uses this caliber.
Is Indiana a good state for deer hunting?
Hunting here offers a. 084% chance a taking a Booner, which is better than any other state in the country. Indiana is also in the top ten for total B&C entries over the last 10 years, and despite a fair amount of pressure hunters enjoy a 50% success rate.
What state has the most deer car accidents?
The top 10 states for deer collisions are:
- Pennsylvania (1 in 52)
- South Dakota (1 in 54)
- Iowa (1 in 55)
- Wyoming (1 in 56)
- Wisconsin (1 in 57)
- Michigan (1 in 60)
- Mississippi (1 in 61)
- Minnesota (1 in 64)
Which state hunts the most?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.