- 1 What is the best grain bullet for whitetail deer?
- 2 What type of bullet is best for deer hunting?
- 3 What is the best 44 mag ammo for deer?
- 4 Is a 44 Mag Rifle good for deer?
- 5 What caliber has killed the most deer?
- 6 Is 5.56 good for deer?
- 7 Is a 308 or 30-06 More Powerful?
- 8 What grain bullet should I use for my 30-06?
- 9 What is the best all around rifle caliber?
- 10 What kind of ammo does a 44 Magnum use?
- 11 What ammo can you shoot in a 44 mag?
- 12 Can you shoot Hornady Leverevolution in a revolver?
- 13 What is the effective range of a 44 mag rifle?
- 14 What is the best 44 mag rifle?
- 15 What is the best caliber for lever-action rifles?
What is the best grain bullet for whitetail deer?
Eight Great Deer Bullets
- Swift Scirocco. Remington loads the Swift Scirocco in its Premier line.
- Swift A-Frame. Swift sells both Scirocco and A-Frame bullets for handloaders and loads them in their High-Grade ammunition.
- Nosler Partition.
- Nosler AccuBond and Ballistic Tip.
- Hornady SST.
- Barnes TSX.
- Browning BXR.
What type of bullet is best for deer hunting?
Best Caliber for Deer Hunting
- 7mm-08 Remington.
- 280 Remington.
- 7mm Remington Magnum.
- 30-30 Winchester.
- 308 Winchester.
- 300 Winchester Magnum.
- You might be surprised by the number of hunters that use the 300 as their primary deer rifle. An exceptional round for long range, it gives no quarter in performance on whitetail.
What is the best 44 mag ammo for deer?
The best that I have used is the 240gr HP. Federal, Winchester and Hornady have been my choice in factory loads. I have shot a couple with the 180gr SP that have not passed completely through the deer and made blood trailing tough.
Is a 44 Mag Rifle good for deer?
These 44 Magnum rifles are perfect brush and hunting guns. Developed in the 1950s and made famous by the giant magnum revolvers in the “Dirty Harry” movies, this round delivers muzzle velocities between 1,100 and 1,600 feet per second with heavy bullets that are ideal for deer hunting or bear self-defense.
What caliber has killed the most deer?
30-06 is America’s—and the world’s—most popular hunting caliber. In my estimation it would not take many 1-million deer years to top any numbers the 30-30 put up during much leaner times.
Is 5.56 good for deer?
223/5.56 caliber make the perfect gun for young or small-frame hunters. 223 to form a tough and reliable cartridge tailor made for deer hunting with the modern rifle platform. Winchester Ammunition. Winchester’s foray into this market is the 64-grain Power-Max Bonded.
Is a 308 or 30-06 More Powerful?
Both cartridges use the same. 308 ″ diameter bullets, and both have a case capacity large enough to push those bullets to sensible, useable velocities. 30-06 pointed out the slight velocity advantage that the larger case offers, and how it handles the heavier bullets so much better.
What grain bullet should I use for my 30-06?
Every hunter who packs a. 30-’06 Sprg. into the game fields knows that the traditional rule is to shoot 150-grain bullets while hunting game the size of deer and pronghorn antelope and to switch to 180-grain projectiles for larger game.
What is the best all around rifle caliber?
308 Winchester, which offers similar velocities, but generally tops out at 200-grain bullets. 243 Winchester may well be described as the perfect all-around cartridge.
What kind of ammo does a 44 Magnum use?
Despite the “. 44” designation, guns chambered for the. 44 Magnum round, and its parent, the. 44 Special, use 0.429 in (10.9 mm) diameter bullets.
What ammo can you shoot in a 44 mag?
Most all 44 ammunitin except 44-40 will chamber safely. 44 Magnum, 44 Special, 44 Russian, 44 Colt and 44 Bulldog. They are all expensive. For lesser recoil but, more cleaning try black powder 44 Russian.
Can you shoot Hornady Leverevolution in a revolver?
It will be fine in a handgun. Hornady shows it in S&W revolvers in their catalogue.
What is the effective range of a 44 mag rifle?
44 Magnum bullet can reach speeds of up to 1,380 feet per second, generating kinetic energy at themuzzle of 1,015 foot-pounds of force. That’s plenty of power, enough to take down up to deer-size game at distances of up to 50 yards.
What is the best 44 mag rifle?
Best. 44 Magnum Rifles
- Henry Big Boy.
- Marlin 1894 Lever-Action.
- Smith and Wesson Model 29.
- Ruger Super Redhawk.
- F. LLI Pietta 1873 SA Revolver (Colt Peacemaker Recreation)
- Magnum Research Desert Eagle. 44 Magnum.
What is the best caliber for lever-action rifles?
Top 5 Lever-Action Rifle Cartridges
- 1.. 30-30 Winchester. This cartridge has certainly earned its position at the top of the list, as the.30-30 Winchester was and is synonymous with deer hunting.
- 2.. 45-70 Government.
- 3.. 348 Winchester.
- 4.. 38-55 Winchester.
- 5.. 405 Winchester.