- 1 What state has the highest population of deer?
- 2 What states have no whitetail deer?
- 3 Which state kills the most deer?
- 4 What state has the least deer?
- 5 Which state hunts the most?
- 6 What eats a deer?
- 7 What state has the best hunting?
- 8 What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 9 What is the heaviest whitetail deer ever killed?
- 10 What state sells the most hunting licenses?
- 11 What state has the most deer car accidents?
- 12 What is the best state to hunt mule deer?
What state has the highest population of deer?
Texas ranked first, with hunters taking 722,044 deer, compared to 341,288 deer in Michigan, Outdoor Life said. Also in the top five: Pennsylvania (333,254), Wisconsin (316,774) and Georgia (316,463). Texas has an estimated 4.3 million deer, while Michigan has about 1.75 million.
What states have no whitetail deer?
White-tailed deer are found in every state in the U. S. except Alaska and in only small parts of Utah, Nevada and California. The mule deer range is primarily in western states. There are several subspecies of both deer.
Which state kills the most deer?
The states with the most antlered deer killed per square mile were Michigan, 3.7 per square mile; Pennsylvania, 3.6; South Carolina, 3.2; Maryland, 3.0; New Jersey, 2.6; New York, 2.6; and Wisconsin, 2.6.
What state has the least deer?
10 States with the Worst Deer Populations
- North Dakota.
- Arizona. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 0.7.
- Montana. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.4.
- Washington. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.7.
- Idaho. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 2.4.
- South Dakota. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 3.3.
Which state hunts the most?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.
What eats a deer?
Many animals eat deer, so deer are prey. Since deer do not eat animals, they are not predators. Predators that eat deer include the coyote, bobcat, cougar, wild dogs and humans.
What state has the best hunting?
Sometimes only residents of the state are permitted to apply for the draws.
- Alaska. Alaska is one of the best states for both fishing and hunting.
- Montana. Another beautiful state and popular for hunting is Montana.
- South Dakota.
- North Dakota.
What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
What is the heaviest whitetail deer ever killed?
From what we can gather, the heaviest whitetail ever shot was killed by a bow-hunter, John Annett of Ontario, in 1977. The deer field dressed 431 pounds on government-certified scales. That would have given it an estimated live weight of more than 540 pounds.
What state sells the most hunting licenses?
The F&WS collects this information annually from every state and U.S. territory. Texas sold the most licenses, over 1 million; and Rhode Island sold the fewest, around 8,000. Those numbers represent individual hunters in each state, but many hunters buy licenses in several states.
What state has the most deer car accidents?
The top 10 states for deer collisions are:
- Pennsylvania (1 in 52)
- South Dakota (1 in 54)
- Iowa (1 in 55)
- Wyoming (1 in 56)
- Wisconsin (1 in 57)
- Michigan (1 in 60)
- Mississippi (1 in 61)
- Minnesota (1 in 64)
What is the best state to hunt mule deer?
5 Best States for Mule Deer Hunting
- Colorado. Colorado is widely regarded as the nation’s top mule deer destination.
- Idaho. Idaho runs a close second to Colorado when it comes to mule deer hunting.
- Montana. Montana has a lot of country and lot of mule deer.