- 1 What is the widest deer ever killed?
- 2 What is the biggest typical whitetail deer ever killed?
- 3 What is the widest buck ever?
- 4 What is the biggest whitetail deer in the world?
- 5 What state kills the most deer?
- 6 What state has the biggest whitetail bucks?
- 7 What’s the average lifespan of a whitetail buck?
- 8 What is considered a trophy buck?
- 9 What is considered a good whitetail buck?
- 10 How many deer can live on 100 acres?
- 11 What is the world record non-typical whitetail?
- 12 What’s the smallest deer in the world?
- 13 What is the highest scoring 8 point whitetail?
- 14 What is the best state to hunt whitetail deer?
- 15 How old is a spike buck?
What is the widest deer ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
What is the biggest typical whitetail deer ever killed?
The Jordan Buck: The Largest Typical Buck Taken in the U.S.
- Date Killed/Found: 11/20/1914.
- Estimated Age:???
- Location: Burnett County, WI.
- Terrain: Hard Woods / Mixed Forest.
- Gross Score: Unknown.
- Net Score: 206 1/8 Inches (Typical)
- Scoreable Points:
- Spread: 20 1/8 Inches (Inside)
What is the widest buck ever?
At a panel-confirmed 327 7/8 net inches of score, the monster Illinois non-typical Luke Brewster shot with his compound bow last fall is now officially the world’s biggest buck in the long history of free-range whitetail hunting.
What is the biggest whitetail deer in the world?
The current world record typical whitetail is the famous Hanson buck, which has just over 213 inches of net antler.
What state kills the most deer?
The states with the most antlered deer killed per square mile were Michigan, 3.7 per square mile; Pennsylvania, 3.6; South Carolina, 3.2; Maryland, 3.0; New Jersey, 2.6; New York, 2.6; and Wisconsin, 2.6.
What state has the biggest whitetail bucks?
Boone and Crockett’s Top Whitetail States
- #1 – Wisconsin. Wisconsin is the #1 ranked state with 1,822 total entries and six counties in the top 20 U.S. counties with the most records produced.
- #2 – Illinois.
- #3 – Iowa.
- #4 – Minnesota.
- #5 – Ohio.
- #6 – Kentucky.
- #7 – Missouri.
- #8 – Kansas.
What’s the average lifespan of a whitetail buck?
Most white-tailed deer live about 2 to 3 years. Maximum life span in the wild is 20 years but few live past 10 years old.
What is considered a trophy buck?
To most, it is probably a deer with antlers that score over a certain minimum. For others, a trophy is in the age of the animal, not the antlers. If you subscribe to the thinking that the older a buck gets, the more difficult it is to kill, then yes, age is the measure of a trophy.
What is considered a good whitetail buck?
Good bucks will have at least seven or eight inch second points. Outstanding animals may have G-2’s 9-11 inches long. The third point may be shorter or longer than the second, but it too should be eight inches or longer on an outstanding buck.
How many deer can live on 100 acres?
When I begin a management program on a new property, my first direction is just harvest “some” does. A general rule-of-thumb is to harvest one doe per 100 acres minimum.
What is the world record non-typical whitetail?
Pope and Young Club has confirmed Luke Brewster’s 22-point non-typical whitetail buck is a world record. Brewster shot the deer during the 2018 archery season. Its antlers measured 327 and seven-eighth inches. Brewster’s buck beat out the previous record held by Michael Beatty in 2000 by over 33 inches.
What’s the smallest deer in the world?
Pudu. Two closely related species of pudu, the northern and southern, are the smallest deer species on earth. They stand about 12 to 17 inches at the shoulder; at birth fawns are only about six inches high.
What is the highest scoring 8 point whitetail?
According to the Boone and Crockett Club, the buck’s net score of 183-1/8 would rank as the largest ever submitted to the organization. So far, the story is that Illinois hunter Jason Sanders shot what appears to be the largest main-frame, typical 8-pointer ever killed by a hunter under fair chase conditions.
What is the best state to hunt whitetail deer?
The 10 Best States to Hunt Whitetail Deer in the U.S.
- South Carolina.
- Georgia. While its placement on this list may come as a surprise to many, the quality of whitetail hunting in Georgia has increased greatly over the years.
How old is a spike buck?
The vast majority (usually greater than 95 percent) of spike bucks are yearlings ( 1-year-old deer ) and nearly all yearling spikes grow substantially larger antlers later in life.