- 1 What states have OTC tags?
- 2 What state has the cheapest non resident deer tag?
- 3 What states sell over the counter rifle mule deer tags?
- 4 Can you buy over the counter deer tags in Montana?
- 5 What state has the most deer?
- 6 What is the cheapest state to hunt mule deer?
- 7 What state has the most expensive hunting license?
- 8 What is the best state to hunt mule deer?
- 9 What states offer over the counter antelope tags?
- 10 Can you buy over the counter mule deer tags in Colorado?
- 11 Does Wyoming have over the counter deer tags?
- 12 How many deer can you take in Montana?
Fortunately, there’s no shortage of whitetail states that sell over-the-counter tags. Some states with good public land opportunities to check out include Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan. Many states also allow hunters to buy multiple inexpensive doe tags.
What state has the cheapest non resident deer tag?
The Cheapest States for Non-Resident Deer Hunting This Season
- 10 | Check License Costs for Every State. Want to know what it costs in each state?
- 1 | Deer Hunting in Connecticut. Cost: $91-$135 (plus $19 state land lottery permit)
- 2 | Maine.
- 3 | Maryland.
- 4 | Massachusetts.
- 5 | New Hampshire.
- 6 | New York.
- 7 | Pennsylvania.
Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Washington are states where you can purchase tags over the counter and hunt mule deer every year. Arizona, California, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington also offer draw tags for some units.
#Montana Offers Combination Big Game or Elk Tags Over-the-counter (OTC) tags are no longer available for non -residents. You will have to apply for what they call Combination Elk, Big game Combos (Deer and Elk) and Combination Deer licenses.
What state has the most deer?
According to a 2015 deer population estimate by North American Whitetail magazine, here are the states with the largest deer populations:
- Texas: Estimated population of 4 million.
- Alabama: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Mississippi: Estimated population of 1.8 million.
- Missouri: Estimated population of 1.3 million.
What is the cheapest state to hunt mule deer?
Where to Hunt Muleys for cheap!
- #1: Colorado.
- #3: Utah.
- #5: Nevada.
- #5: Arizona.
- #6 Montana: Montana is sort of a sleeper state as far as Muleys go.
- ALWAYS hunt your home state!
What state has the most expensive hunting license?
Looking at hunting license data, Texas not only had the highest number of paid license holders but also boasted the highest total gross cost of sales at over $44 million.
What is the best state to hunt mule deer?
5 Best States for Mule Deer Hunting
- Colorado. Colorado is widely regarded as the nation’s top mule deer destination.
- Idaho. Idaho runs a close second to Colorado when it comes to mule deer hunting.
- Montana. Montana has a lot of country and lot of mule deer.
Wyoming is the least populated state, and it comes at no surprise that it probably has more antelope than it does people. It offers OTC tags to both residents and non residents.
Over-the-counter hunting licenses can be purchased starting on July 25. The draw is the only way to buy mule deer licenses. It’s also a way to get bear, elk, whitetail deer and pronghorn licenses. Typically, there is far more demand than available licenses according to CPW.
General Deer Licenses General license deer hunt areas allow unlimited “over-the-counter” license sales for Wyoming residents. Many general license deer hunt areas also have additional limited quota doe/fawn (reduced-price) licenses available.
How many deer can you take in Montana?
General Deer License Details: License is valid for one deer. Hunters may hold only one general deer license, which can be used for deer as indicated under the “General Deer License” heading on the deer and elk hunting regulations.