- 1 What state has the most whitetail hunters?
- 2 What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
- 3 What state has the least deer?
- 4 What state has the highest number of hunters?
- 5 What is the best state to hunt in?
- 6 What state has the most dear?
- 7 Who killed the biggest buck in the world?
- 8 How many deer can live on 100 acres?
- 9 Who holds the world record typical whitetail deer?
- 10 What state has the most deer car accidents?
What state has the most whitetail hunters?
Texas Tops Nation for Number of Deer Hunters in 2017 White-tailed deer are the most popular game animal in the United States. More than 10 million Americans hunted whitetails in 2016-2017, based on data from Quality Deer Management Association’s (QDMA) Whitetail Report 2018*.
What is the largest whitetail buck ever killed?
What’s more, the Brewster buck is also now the largest whitetail ever killed by a hunter anywhere in the world, topping Stephen Tucker’s 47-point Tennessee monarch, a Nov. 2016 buck that scored 312 0/8 inches.
What state has the least deer?
10 States with the Worst Deer Populations
- North Dakota.
- Arizona. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 0.7.
- Montana. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.4.
- Washington. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 1.7.
- Idaho. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 2.4.
- South Dakota. Deer Population Per Square Mile: 3.3.
What state has the highest number of hunters?
Texas leads the nation in number of hunters but it is also the largest state in the whitetail’s range, so hunter density is light.
What is the best state to hunt in?
Sometimes only residents of the state are permitted to apply for the draws.
- Alaska. Alaska is one of the best states for both fishing and hunting.
- Montana. Another beautiful state and popular for hunting is Montana.
- South Dakota.
- North Dakota.
What state has the most dear?
Mississippi tops the list at almost 40 deer per square mile, but Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan all show an average of more than 30 deer per square mile. Indiana, Alabama, South Carolina and Kentucky all have 23 or more deer per square mile.
Who killed the biggest buck in the world?
The story of the top whitetail ever shot is as great as the deer. When 15-year-old Tony Lovstuen pulled the trigger of his muzzleloader on the afternoon of Sept. 29, 2003, he ended the reign of a buck that already was world famous.
How many deer can live on 100 acres?
When I begin a management program on a new property, my first direction is just harvest “some” does. A general rule-of-thumb is to harvest one doe per 100 acres minimum.
Who holds the world record typical whitetail deer?
The current world record typical whitetail is the famous Hanson buck, which has just over 213 inches of net antler.
What state has the most deer car accidents?
The top 10 states for deer collisions are:
- Pennsylvania (1 in 52)
- South Dakota (1 in 54)
- Iowa (1 in 55)
- Wyoming (1 in 56)
- Wisconsin (1 in 57)
- Michigan (1 in 60)
- Mississippi (1 in 61)
- Minnesota (1 in 64)